Terms of Service
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- User Responsibilities & Limitations
By consenting to the Agreements, you agree:
2.1 That you are NOT under the age of 13 and the Service is NOT to be accessed by children under 13 years of age and we do not intend to collect information from children;
2.2 To accurately represent only yourself on the Service, and no other persons, living, dead, or imagined; the Service may only be used by natural persons (i.e., individuals) on their own behalf and not by or on behalf of any commercial entity unless explicitly permitted by Pirq;
2.3 To only make legitimate reserves, redemptions, and/or purchases that comply with the fine print and rules of the terms of the respective offers;
2.4 To only make reserves, redemptions, and/or purchases on the Service for your own use and enjoyment, or, when offered, as a gift for another;
2.5 To provide accurate information to Pirq and other users of the Service, including, but not limited to, information required to register with the Service and information posted in public areas of the Service;
2.6 To NOT use the Service to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, distribute, publish or exploit for any commercial purpose the software, products, or services provided by Pirq or obtained through the Service without obtaining the express, prior written consent of Pirq. This restriction includes any attempt to incorporate any information from the Service into any other directory, product or service;
2.7 To provide for your own access to the Service, including but not limited to obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and software, and other equipment and paying all related charges;
2.8 To NOT attempt to, or actually access data not intended for you, such as logging into a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
2.9 To NOT tamper or interfere with the proper functioning of any part, page or area of the Service and any and all functions and services provided by Pirq;
2.10 To NOT attempt to interfere with service to any user in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to our Service, or attempts at overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mail bombing” or “crashing” the Site;
2.11 To NOT use the Service or any of its contents to advertise or solicit, for any other commercial, political or religious purpose, or to compete, directly or indirectly with Pirq;
2.12 To NOT resell or repurpose your access to the Service or any purchases made through the Service;
2.13 To NOT use the Service or any of its resources to solicit End Users, Merchants or other business partners of Pirq to become users or partners of other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with Pirq, including without limitation, aggregating current or previously offered deals;
2.14 To NOT exceed or attempt to exceed quantity limits when reserving, redeeming, or purchasing Offers, or for speculative, false, fraudulent or any other purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement and the terms of a specific offer on the Site;
2.15 To NOT access, monitor or copy any content or information from this Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
2.16 To NOT act illegally or maliciously against the business interests or reputation of Pirq, our Merchants or our services; or
2.17 To NOT hyperlink to our Service or Site from any other website without our initial and ongoing consent.
- Registering and Creating an Account
If you create an account on our Site, you may only create and hold one account that you are solely responsible for managing. Your account is non-transferrable and may not be sold, combined or otherwise shared with any other person. If you violate any of these limitations we may terminate your account and, without limitation, you may forfeit any pending, current or future promotional account credits and any unredeemed Offers in your account.
If we terminate your account, you may not re-enroll or join under a new account unless we formally invite you. If you commit fraud or falsify information in connection with your use of the Site or in connection with your Pirq account, your account will be terminated immediately and we reserve the right to hold you liable for any and all damages that we suffer, to pursue legal action through relevant local and national law enforcement authorities and to notify your Internet Service Provider of any fraudulent activity we associate with you or your use of the Site.
Pirq also has the right to terminate your account if you reserve Pirq Offers and do not redeem them at the vendor location. Offers that are in a “reserved” stage and not “redeemed” wastes the offer because it holds the inventory of the unique discount code. If this violation occurs 3 times in any given time period, we will terminate your account for 14 days. During this termination period, you will not be able to see, reserve, or redeem Pirq Offers.
- Terms of Offers
Pirq Offers reserved, redeemed, and/or purchased on the Service by you as a Pirq account holder, are special promotional offers that you access from participating Merchants through our service. The Offers are redeemable for certain goods, services or experiences offered by, or facilitated through, the Merchant identified on the Pirq Offer. The Merchant is solely responsible for accepting the Offer. By reserving, redeeming, and/or purchasing an Offer, you make an offer to purchase the goods/services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, the terms on the Pirq Offer itself and any additional, deal specific terms advertising the Pirq Offer at the time of purchase (the “Fine Print”). In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Fine Print, the Fine Print will govern.
If the redeeming Merchant refuses to honor a Pirq Offer, Please email Pirq at [email protected] or call 1 (425) 890-4841 (Monday through Friday, 9-5 Pacific Standard Time).
Reserves, redeems, purchase, or use or acceptance of a Pirq Offer constitutes acceptance of these Terms of Service and of any Fine Print stated on the Pirq Offer. The following terms apply to all Pirq Offers, unless stated otherwise in the Fine Print or otherwise required by applicable law:
- The Pirq offer applies to the total guest check. (Offers are to be applied to the total guest check before tip and taxes.)
- Only one Pirq offer may be redeemed per guest check, per visit. (When separate checks are issued within a party, the Pirq offer shall apply only to the bill of the Pirq offer customer. A maximum of two Pirqs may be used per table or party.)
- The customer of a Pirq offer must be physically present to redeem offer.
- When redeeming a Pirq offer, no minimum party size applies.
- Pirq savings are limited to a maximum of $100 per redemption. A minimum spend also applies.
- Pirq offers cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons.
- Pirq offers are not valid on happy hour menus or other already discounted special restaurant offers. (However, Pirq offers are valid on daily menu specials.)
- Pirq offers are valid for dine-in only.
- To activate an offer, customer scans the “tag” located in the restaurant.
- “Tags” must be scanned inside the dining establishment within the valid time period listed for the offer to be valid.
- Only offers with “time remaining” (after activation) are valid; expired offers are not valid.
- Pirq offers cannot be redeemed for cash and have no residual value.
- Unauthorized use, reproduction, resale, modification, or trade of Pirq Offers are prohibited.
- Taxes and gratuities are not included in the discount value of the Pirq Offer and, if applicable, may be charged to you separately by the Merchant when you redeem the Pirq Offer.
- The promotional value of Pirq Offers may not be combined with any other voucher, coupon, or promotion.
- Your Pirq Offer may only be used at the Merchant named on the face of the Pirq Offer and the promotional discount is redeemable only toward the goods or services at the specific location listed on the Pirq Offer.
- Use of Pirq Offers for certain services and goods – such as alcoholic beverages – is subject to applicable state and local laws.
- Pirq Offers are not reloadable.
- Pirq Offers are not redeemable for cash unless required by law.
- Pirq Offers are not transferrable.
The Merchant is the issuer of the Pirq Offer and is fully responsible for all goods and services it provides to you and for any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs (“Liabilities”) it may cause you to suffer, directly or indirectly, in full or in part, whether related to the use or redemption of a Pirq Offer or not. You waive and release Pirq and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from any Liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of a Merchant in connection with your use of a Pirq Offer or the services/goods it provides in connection with it.
- Vendors and Goods and Services
6.1 Pirq and the company providing your membership access expressly disclaim any liability, and will not be liable, for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any interaction between you and a vendor accessible through the Service. All matters, including but not limited to, delivery of goods and services, returns, and warranties, and the security of the purchase transactions entered into, are solely and strictly between you and the vendor.
6.2 You acknowledge that Pirq and the company providing your membership access do not endorse or warrant the vendors that are accessible through the Service nor the goods and services that they provide nor the security of your transaction with such vendors.
6.3 You acknowledge that discount offers available to members are not valid with any other offers, including (but not limited to) other coupons, promotions, discounts, or specials unless explicitly stated otherwise by the vendor. Offer terms and conditions vary by vendor, please contact participating vendors for details specific to any offer in question.
- Third Party Content and Links
The Service may contain content supplied by third parties and links to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Pirq does not, in any respect, control such content or operate such third-party sites and does not guarantee the availability of any email from or links to third-party sites. Third-party content and links are included solely for the convenience of users, and do not constitute any endorsement by Pirq. Pirq is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of third-party information and you assume sole responsibility for the use of third-party information.
7.1 Modifications to the Service, the Agreements, and Fees
7.2 Pirq reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time without notice to you and Pirq shall not be liable to you or any third party should Pirq exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Service.
7.3 Pirq reserves the right to modify the Agreements at any time. You are responsible for regularly viewing the Agreements. Continued use of the Service following any such changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
- Ownership and Licenses
8.1 All contents of the Service are the property of Pirq, participating vendors, or advertisers. The compilation (i.e., the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on the Service Web site are copyrighted by Pirq and is the exclusive property of Pirq. The Web site and contents of the Service may not be copied, distributed, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of Pirq; provided that you may download, print, and store a single copy of the Service for personal, noncommercial use. Use of Service contents on any other Web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. You may not modify the content in any way, nor delete any copyright or trademark notice. You may not copy or adapt the HTML code and other software code used by Pirq to generate the pages of the Service Web site.
8.3 By transmitting any messages or content to public or semipublic areas of the Service, you grant to Pirq a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, distribute, display, and reproduce the messages and content, and to authorize use and reproduction of the messages and content by other Service users in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
You will not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising the Service or made available through the Service.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
10.1 PIRQ PROVIDES THE SERVICE AND ALL RELATED SOFTWARE AND CONTENT TO YOU “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT; ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE OPERATES ERROR FREE OR WITHOUT INTERRUPTION; ANY WARRANTY THAT INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE AND TRANSACTIONS WITH THE VENDORS REMAINS WITH YOU.
10.2 You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
10.3 Pirq makes no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the Service or any transactions entered into through the Service.
10.4 No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Pirq or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- Limitation of Liability
PIRQ SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR SPECULATIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, AND SPECIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION WAS JUSTIFIED OR NOT, NEGLIGENT OR INTENTIONAL, INADVERTENT OR ADVERTENT, REGARDLESS WHETHER PIRQ ADVANCE NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES. PIRQ SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR SPECULATIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED OR MESSAGE RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSION OF DATA, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, AND SPECIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS WHETHER PIRQ HAD ADVANCE NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold Pirq, their affiliates, officers, directors and employees from any and all claims or demands, including the payment of reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to your use of the Service.
13.1 The Agreements comprise the entire agreement between you and Pirq and supercede all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. Any waiver of any provision of the Agreements will be effective only if in writing and signed by Pirq.
13.2 If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Agreements to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Agreements will continue in full force and effect.
13.3 Any notices to you or Pirq shall be made via either email or regular mail. Pirq may also provide notices of changes to the Agreements or any other matter by displaying notices to you generally on the Service.
13.4 You agree to comply with U.S. law regarding the transmission/export of technical data through the use of the Service.
13.5 The Agreements shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to provisions related to choice of laws or conflict of laws. Venue and jurisdiction of any lawsuit involving this Agreement will exist exclusively in the state and federal courts in King County, Washington.
- NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT
Pirq is the sole owner of all copyrights in and to all original content, code, designs, and layout of the Service, and reserves all rights provided by U.S. and foreign copyright laws, including rights to copy, distribute or commercially exploit any part of the Service in any form.
Not withstanding the foregoing and in addition to any basis provided under applicable law, Pirq grants you the following revocable licenses:
- A revocable license to download and/or print extracts of the Service to your local storage device for your personal and non-commercial use only. By way of example only, you may save a copy to your computer storage device of our participating restaurant list for your geographic area of interest and/or print such list. Such lists should not be stored and used as program references as the selection of participating restaurants and businesses changes frequently. Pirq will not be responsible for downloaded and/or printed extracts that reflect outdated program benefits.
- A revocable license to copy and/or distribute any URL of the Service to individual third parties for their personal use. By way of example only, you may send an electronic mail to your personal friend that includes the URL for our participating restaurant list for your geographic area of interest.
Pirq values its intellectual property assets and aggressively pursues those who violate its rights in the same. Remedies for infringement of Pirq’s copyrighted subject matter include injunctions against further infringement, monetary damages up to $150,000 per infringement and repayment of attorney fees. Willful copyright infringement is also a crime. If you wish to copy, distribute or commercially exploit any part of the Service that is not covered by the revocable licenses noted above, or hyperlink to any part of the Pirq website other than its primary domain landing page, you will need Pirq’s written permission. Please contact us at [email protected] with your request and contact information.
Page Notice: All original content, designs, and layout of this website are copyright of Pirq, Inc. – © Pirq, Inc., which reserves all rights therein.
- NOTICE OF TRADEMARKS
“PIRQ”, comprise trademarks and/or service marks of, or are licensed to, Pirq, Inc. All other trademarks and services marks appearing in the PUI website that are not owned by or licensed to Pirq are the property of their respective owners, and are used herein for reference only. Pirq values its intellectual property assets and aggressively pursues those who violate its rights in the same. Remedies for infringement of Pirq’s trademarks include injunctions against further infringement, recovery of the infringer’s profits and monetary damages for harm caused to Pirq.
- Pirq SMS
16.1 When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
16.2 You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP”. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
16.3 If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP”. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
16.4 We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile.
Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
16.5 As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency depends on the user’s interaction. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to [email protected].
Last Updated: February 7, 2014
- What Personal Information Does Pirq Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use of information regarding your use of our Service, and browser and mobile phone information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Personalization Information: We receive and use information that helps us to understand what types of rewards and offers you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have shared offers and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
- Transaction Information: We collect and use information about how you interact with Pirq, such as the Pirq rewards and offers you view, reserve, share, and redeem; other information about how you use our Service, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Pirq merchants, its business partners, and service providers. Business partners may include 3rd parties that Pirq contracts with, for the purpose of improving the consumer experience and service providers include internet service providers where we store information and transmit information to and from their servers and webhosting.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Pirq service or application (“the Service”), Pirq automatically receives and records information on our or our service provider server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. Pirq only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our business partners about how our customers, collectively, use our Service, so that our business partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
- How is My Information Collected?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. Pirq may share your Personal Information only as described below. We ask you for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, reserve and redeem Pirq offers, or otherwise interact with the Service or contact Pirq.
If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with Pirq or the Service, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that application. For example, if you use a Pirq mobile application and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect Mobile Location Information from your device. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into the Pirq application or the Sites. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- How Do We Use Your Information?
Pirq uses your Personal Information for the following:
- To operate, and improve your experience with, our Service.
- To provide you with rewards and offers that are relevant based on customer interest, location, history, and other characteristics to deliver a valuable experience.
- To perform analytics by tracking reserve, redeem, and scan information
- To provide customer support to you and our merchants, or business partners
- To communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Pirq and our merchants and business partners, such as Pirq news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials.
- To send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, service bulletins and support, marketing and administrative messages.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have reserved or redeemed a Pirq offer provided by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Pirq on behalf of the merchant. We may also provide merchants with Personal Information about the individuals who have purchased the merchants’ Pirq offers, to send you customized offers, to validate the purchases you made, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, and to facilitate a direct relationship between merchants and customers and enable merchants to communicate electronically with customers, like yourself, who purchased the merchants’ Pirq offers.
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Pirq) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. We expect our service providers will either be bound by law or contract with us to protect the Personal Information and they are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Pirq business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Pirq and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate.
- Effect a merger with Pirq and a 3rd party, an acquisition by Pirq, or a sale of Pirq or substantially all of its assets, which could include customer lists and information; to support the sale or transfer of Pirq business assets or review of such sale or opportunity to acquire Pirq by a 3rd party; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request for information; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including providing information to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Pirq is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email or by prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- If you opt into the sharing features with your “friends” network on Pirq, Facebook, Twitter, or any other supported social media/network, your information is accessible as permitted with respect to such networks and your “friends” or others with access to such networks can see the location and time of each of your views, sharing, reserves, and redemptions on Pirq offers, your first name and username, photo, hometown, associated offers, links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your Pirq account), a list of your friends, tips you write, and items on your My Offers. Individuals that are “friends” (Pirq, Facebook, Twitter, etc. friends) may use this information or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control or permission and without your knowledge or permission.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
- Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Service, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Service and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information. The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user i.d. if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences (e.g., the cities for which you want to be shown Pirq offers). Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure responses to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Service, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Service. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Service and the website you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about Site users to optimize our Sites and understand its traffic and usage patterns. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information. In that case, this Privacy Statement governs how we use that information.
Additionally, if the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive Location Information, we will collect that automatically. If we associate Location Information with other Personal Information, this Privacy Statement governs how we would use that information too.
- Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Pirq account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer, mobile phone, and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Pirq endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, but other than your password, no communications or transfers of information are encrypted or scrambled by Pirq during the transmission process. Pirq cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- International Users
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide different data protection rules than in your country.
- What Personal Information Can I Access?
Pirq allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Pirq website by visiting the user settings page (except usage information, which can be accessed in the “Settings” tab). This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
Usage information (for example, offer history)
- How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Pirq account, you may do so by sending a “delete account” request to [email protected] that includes the email, phone number, or Facebook username you used to sign up for Pirq. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your offer and reward history will be removed from the site and deleted from Pirq servers. Because of the way we maintain Pirq, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media.
- How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media.
- What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: [email protected]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
- The Pirq application integrates the Microsoft Tag to authenticate offers.